Making A Floyd Rose Cavity In This Thingy

the tools i have for this job are a dremel trio, a small jigsaw and a drill for the holes,

im trying to put a floyd on this guitar body, I dont know where to exactly put it though

how can i be exact while routing the cavity? about how far should this cavity be from the bridge humbucker cavity? i have little experience but i can learn

http://img513.imageshack.us/g/pict6478.jpg/

im am using a takeuchi trs 101, im sure it has the same dimensions as an original floyd besides the D tuna i have.

what free template should i use? the ones on the floyd rose website dont print to size :D

can someone help me out?

Step away from the guitar, and put down the tools!

"How far away from the humbucker" is not a question to ask when placing a bridge.

The bridge position is determined by the scale length.

No offense here, but if that's foreign to you, then some reading is on order.

heh i understand it has to be 25.5 inches from the bridge to the nut right?

please tell me im right or ill burn my guitar and tools right away!!.. or take it to a luthier :D

Edited by esppse

burning your tools is a little extreme. theres no reason you cant do this RA16 was saying is you need to slow down some. get melvin hiscocks book and read it that should answer a lot of questions. one thing is your neck angled or straight even if its angled if it isnt enough you will have to recess the bridge not a big deal at all. btw you will also need a router and apropriate bits for this.

good luck

If you were to attempt this with a trio, which has some marginal routing capability (I own one), it will be a VERY slow process. Bridge placement and depth are rather exact and carving out a floyd cut with a 1/4" spiral bit will take a while (and a lot of patience, even with a template). +1 on Hiscock's book - even if you never build a guitar from scratch, it is quite helpful in how to maintain and setup a guitar for optimal playing - and it's only like $20.

I don't think Hiscock's book goes into any detail on how to install a floyd rose trem (or any other bridge, apart from telling us to mind the scale length). If you can't print the templates from floydrose.com to scale then just get a ruler and make a drawing based on the given measurements. Then check the other info on floydrose.com and if you can't figure out the approximate position of the pivot posts, just put your tools away and ask someone to help you.

I don't think Hiscock's book goes into any detail on how to install a floyd rose trem (or any other bridge, apart from telling us to mind the scale length). If you can't print the templates from floydrose.com to scale then just get a ruler and make a drawing based on the given measurements. Then check the other info on floydrose.com and if you can't figure out the approximate position of the pivot posts, just put your tools away and ask someone to help you.

does anybody else have trouble with the templates on floydrose.com? they never print to size :D is there another copy somewhere on the internet?

does anybody else have trouble with the templates on floydrose.com? they never print to size :D is there another copy somewhere on the internet?

Your printing software probably has a scaling option so you can force it to print at the correct size.