Next step

Okay, so the intonation on one of my axes suddenly went out of whack. It's a fixed bridge, so no floyds to screw around with... I honestly can't say I know what caused it, it was fine one day, picked it up the next, and it just wouldn't tune properly...

anyway, so I started on the low e, and backed the saddle as far as it went backward, which, while it helped, it didn't quite fix it. I'm out of room, and I don't know what to do next. Truss rod?

:D

Some obvious things that could be an oversight:

Same guage strings?

Same tuning? No drop tuning I presume.

When you say you replaced the E, did you by any chance buy a lot of strings that could have a problem with the low E in every pack?

Is your tuner intonated?

Just some food for thought...

Some obvious things that could be an oversight:

Same guage strings?

Same tuning? No drop tuning I presume.

When you say you replaced the E, did you by any chance buy a lot of strings that could have a problem with the low E in every pack?

Is your tuner intonated?

Just some food for thought...

1) yes, same guage, same brand (ernie ball Slinkies, 10-46)

2) Same tuning

3) It's happening on all strings... I just did the low E to see if anything changed. If nothing changed with the low E, I'm expecting that nothing's going to change for the better with the other five.

4) I'm doing this using the 12th-fret-harmonic process. Tuner or not, this bastard's off.

Thanks for the replies... :D