Pvx Guitar Kits?

Hi Chaps,

Been out of the guitar DIY loop for some time now, but recently got my interest rekindled when I stumbled on PVX Guitars. I realise that it may be viewed as a bit of a cop-out, but as someone who isn't entirely confident with the more precise woodworking skills required to turn out a quality instrument a kit guitar seems like a pretty good place to start out. With all the "serious" woodwork done already I'm pretty sure I could handle the assembly, bridge location/installation, finishing etc

Anyone have any experience with PVX Guitars, or know of anyone who's built one of their body/neck kits?

Hi Chaps,

Been out of the guitar DIY loop for some time now, but recently got my interest rekindled when I stumbled on PVX Guitars. I realise that it may be viewed as a bit of a cop-out, but as someone who isn't entirely confident with the more precise woodworking skills required to turn out a quality instrument a kit guitar seems like a pretty good place to start out. With all the "serious" woodwork done already I'm pretty sure I could handle the assembly, bridge location/installation, finishing etc

Anyone have any experience with PVX Guitars, or know of anyone who's built one of their body/neck kits?

curtisa,

Let me reach out and assure you that we take a personal interest in helping you get a successful result. In practice, this means that we will answer all questions, and do whatever we can, to be a resource to you as you work on your project. All we ask in return is project photos!! :D We include a very thorough finishing guide (hard copy, in color)which we've written, to describe the finishing process in exhaustive detail. We also include scrap wood for you to test your finish ideas and materials. Please let us know if you can think of any way we can help, and Good luck with your project, whatever you decide to do!

All The Best,

Paul Vogt

PVXGuitars

Charlotte, NC