Sunburst Finish

i would like to make a question about the dark colours in the outer periphery of the guitar...

the colour sprayed is a)pigment dissolved in solvent?? OR b)pigment in laquer????

and if i spray it ,can i sand it to move to the next stage or by sanding the "borders"of the colour will become fuzzy???

Edited by theodoropoulos

i would like to make a question about the dark colours in the outer periphery of the guitar...

the colour sprayed is a)pigment dissolved in solvent?? OR b)pigment in laquer????

and if i spray it ,can i sand it to move to the next stage or by sanding the "borders"of the colour will become fuzzy???

First, look at the sunburst tutorials in the "finish and inlay tutorials section".

Sanding between colors will make a mess of the fading of one color to the next. There is a progression of color you need to follow and no sanding in between them. They must blend together using a fading technique as toners.

MK

First, look at the sunburst tutorials in the "finish and inlay tutorials section".

Sanding between colors will make a mess of the fading of one color to the next. There is a progression of color you need to follow and no sanding in between them. They must blend together using a fading technique as toners.

MK

thanks a lot!