Need Some Help Sourcing Some Bits And Knobs.

I'm almost done with my build sans the pickup cavities. On my first build I used a standard 1/2" pattern router bit but it doesnt fit into the tight corners of my template and left rounder corners then I wanted.

It seems I need to get a 3/8ths inch pattern bit. My local rockler doesn't have em and I'm having a hell of a time finding one. I'll note that know stew mac has one but its really shallow. I want one at least 3/4 of an inch long.

Anyone know where I can pick one up?

The other thing I'm having trouble finding is chrome knurled barrel knobs WITHOUT those damn ugly set screws. Kind of like you'd find on an ibanez.

Any sources or advice on the pup routes?

Usuall for the pup routes I use a 3/8 Forstner bit to drill out the corners, then just use my 1/2 pattern bit as usual. The stew mac one is a custom job, so you likely won't find it anywhere else. Your other alternative is to buy one of those bearing sets and put a 3/8 bearing on a 3/8 straight bit.

As for the chrome knobs, you need to look for push on knobs (for knurled shaft pots). There are tons of places on ebay, though some of them can be of lower quality if not careful.

Usuall for the pup routes I use a 3/8 Forstner bit to drill out the corners, then just use my 1/2 pattern bit as usual. The stew mac one is a custom job, so you likely won't find it anywhere else. Your other alternative is to buy one of those bearing sets and put a 3/8 bearing on a 3/8 straight bit.

As for the chrome knobs, you need to look for push on knobs (for knurled shaft pots). There are tons of places on ebay, though some of them can be of lower quality if not careful.

I was thinking about doing something like that but it seems like a lot of extra steps.

I'll do some checking on ebay. Thx.

I'm almost done with my build sans the pickup cavities. On my first build I used a standard 1/2" pattern router bit but it doesnt fit into the tight corners of my template and left rounder corners then I wanted.

It seems I need to get a 3/8ths inch pattern bit. My local rockler doesn't have em and I'm having a hell of a time finding one. I'll note that know stew mac has one but its really shallow. I want one at least 3/4 of an inch long.

Anyone know where I can pick one up?

The other thing I'm having trouble finding is chrome knurled barrel knobs WITHOUT those damn ugly set screws. Kind of like you'd find on an ibanez.

Any sources or advice on the pup routes?

Why 3/4 you can use a shorter bit and the newly routed cavity will serve as a guide. Anyway Whiteside should have what you want..

http://www.whitesiderouterbits.com/