My 2012 Telecaster Build Challenge Entry

This was my entry in the TDPRI 2012 Build Challenge. It's based loosley on the #2 protoype. It has an alder core that is chambered and alder caps front and back. Double bound in white. Custom PG. Nitro finish. There's no obvious control cover. The top is routed under the PG and the pots were slid in from there. I wound the PU for this one, too. 8600 turns of 42awg, potted with DC resistance of 6.8K. A5 mags.

The neck is flame maple. It was dyed and sanded back to enhance the figure and produce a roasted maple effect. Hand made single action TR, black clay dots, bone nut and vintage tuners. Also started my logo decal on this build.

build203.jpg

build233.jpg

build235.jpg

build237.jpg

build239.jpg

build301.jpg

build300.jpg

so a double bound esquire/cabronita - i think it needs a lighter guard - i would consider the gretsch influence of the cabronita and go for a clear guard with either silver, white or cream sprayed on the back - it really looks quite different to solid plastic and would fit the vibe

so a double bound esquire/cabronita - i think it needs a lighter guard - i would consider the gretsch influence of the cabronita and go for a clear guard with either silver, white or cream sprayed on the back - it really looks quire different to solid plastic and would fit the vibe

Gotta disagree on that one. I considered the white pickguard in my previz but it made the guitar look like it was wearing spats. It was too much.

blk01.jpg

spats.jpg