Allparts Push/pull Wiring Help Needed.

Our Souls inc.

I purchased an Allparts EP 4486_000 to use as a coil split on a recent build. It's an odd pot, having three prongs up top like a normal pot, but the bottom is where I'm confused. It has two prongs sticking out of a black plastic cap under the "normal" pot. Not your typical DPDT switch underneath like I'm used to.

Searching has turned up nothing, and on the Allparts website, it shows the 4486 as a DPDT under a normal pot. which it is not. :/

anyone have any experience with this pot or have any idea why there's two prongs instead of three??

I suspect they have sent you the wrong one.

EP 4486_000 comes up as a dual concentric pot, but that is not what you are describing so i imagine there is a typo

check your order details - was the one you ordered described as DPDT? if so they have definitely sent you the wrong one.

i do remember an old type of push/pull that matches your description - it was just an on/off switch, so if you were wiring a coil split switch you would wire the coil split wires to one prong and the other prong to ground. a lot less options than a DPDT