I've got a plan, but need some help

zero_misfit

alright I want to put 2 humbuckers in my strat, and take all the single coils out. The thing is I want to put the chrome style humbuckers that have 6 magnets showing each. Like that of a fender Toronado. I need to know how about goin doing this, I know I need a different pickguard, But I need some pickup suggestions and a wiring schematic to do it. Thanks so much. I've never seen this done on a strat before, so I hope it could work. I also need to know if I need to replace the stock 5 way pickup switch

At the guitarelectronics website, click on the "Guitar & Bass Wiring" link. From there, under "Universal Guitar & Bass Wiring Diagrams" there's a link to 2-Pickup Wiring Diagrams. Here you'll find three diagrams using that switch. These three use only one tone control... but you can extrapolate how to make it a two tone control system from the other examples (on that same page.)

Edited to make more sense!

A normal humbucker has the 2 coils connected in series (but opposite phase).

When you coil split, you only use one of the coils (north or south), but this is not hum-cancelling.

To re-gain the hum-cancelling, you would coil split both humbuckers (say north coil of the bridge and south coil of the neck). These two sounds are combined into one selection. You'll then have a single coil type sound but still hum-cancelling

Try this for alittle backgorund theory

well I changed my mind. I'm only gonna put one hb in. The other 2 single coil positions (neck and middle) i'm gonna put in lipsticks. One more questions though. Are pickups all the same, or do I have to buy special ones, cuz I'm lefty. The pickups im using are as followed if that helps any. 2 danelectro lipsticks, and 1 seymour duncan 59'. Thanks

Do I have to buy special ones, cuz I'm lefty. The pickups im using are as followed if that helps any. 2 danelectro lipsticks, and 1 seymour duncan 59'.

The same pickups can be used for righties and lefties with maybe 1 exception: single coil pickups with staggered poles. Some have reverse-staggered poles for lefties. This doesn't apply to the pickups you're using, though.

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!

are you planning on having 4 individual knobs? if you are-DONT

I tried to on my strat, and it is very crouded and the knobs get in your way. If you still want all for knobs, get concentric pots, or else you are making a mistake!!!

Just thought I should warn you. . .