Intonation Kikin My Ass

OK. Problem solved. Kinda.

I had to give up on the damned thing & go about things a different way. I hate being beat, but its starting to cost more than is worth putting into it at this point.

After the Jem7 neck had its heel leveled it still had issues intonating. Nothing near as bad as when i got it, but I wasnt happy with it so I replaced the neck with one of my own.

The new neck was from a custom jem I am building the guy so he was on board with it. The original Jem neck is now going on to the custom jem, as it works fine on that body.

I cant figure this one out, The body & neck are fine apart, but dont work together.

SO.

Original jem7 body has a new neck.

Original jem7 neck has a new body.

Spare 555 neck has a new body (freebee tester body I have used here for years that realy deserves a better life)

Done. I hope I never see any of these guitars again. Its lucky this was for a mate, koz man it was hatefull

One thing I noticed with the Jem necks (or any lock nut guitar) is that the nut must be nice and tight. Screw/bolt it down very tight and a bit of glue under it wouldn't be a bad idea.

If it has brass shims under it, things get even worse and it will move ever so slightly every time you adjust tuning, use the trem, bedn strings etc. Getting those things tight is key.