Explorer-V Solid Body (Work Title)

boeba

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Salamon,

Sorry to reply so late.... :blush .

I didn't had the chance to work on the template since our workspace at home was full with car parts from my brother.

Previous weeks this place has been cleaned so now it's time for me to go on with this project.

First of all, it started as a neck through, but i decided to go with a set neck for now.(it's my first build)

And for now ....i still have to finish it but it's getting there.

244ckkh.jpg

Next thing on my schedule is the search for wood, but i already found i good woodshop.

• 10 months later...

Hi guys, it's been a while since i posted something.

So i got this cheap stagg guitar from a friend. I have 2 ibanez pickups which i want to install in this stagg, but somewhere along the line i don't

see how i could solder these to the stagg config.

See pics below for more explanation...

2nsz0px.jpg

2vvj7d3.jpg

I guess my problem is that the stagg pu only has 2 wires, and my ibanez pu has 3, an extra black one(ground wire i think)

What do i do with the extra ground wire, can i just leave it unsoldered?

Best regards,

Boeba.

btw, the explorer V guitar is still planned, but first i want some experience on some other guitars.

Generally it would be a better idea to start a different thread for this different issue boeba.

FWIW, you're pretty much right about what to do with the pickup. Solder it in and attach the other wire to ground. It sounds like the Stagg pickups are internally wired that way anyway. It shouldn't be any trouble for you to wire it in and try it out, right?