Gibson Les Paul Build - Replica

So I thought I would share my Les Paul that I built for free :). It's a bit different then what is normal for this website, but I thought what the heck.

Here is some Work In Progress of the modeling of the Body/Neck/Head-stock:

Capture_zps2e468ee9.jpg

Capture2_zps4080f222.jpg

Capture3_zps29ae8d43.jpg

Capture4_zpsb7507edc.jpg

Capture5_zps849c8255.jpg

Some more Detail I did Last night:

lp_zpsb5e6a51b.jpg

lp2_zpsecc38d75.jpg

Finally here is a Rough Render of the Shaders/Materials I made for the guitar as well as some lighting. Not as Photoreal yet but it's getting there:

Gibson_LP_TestRender_Fake_AO_zps4f8edb16.jpg

Gibson_LP_TestRender_Comp_zps58c8fab6.jpg

Edited by Lt. Data

Excellent. :-)

You'll find quite a few people here will love that. I remember one guy over on the mylespaul forums made a model taken from the carve of a '59 and modelled everything else down to the last mm. Including the textures! Perhaps I should have stuck with 3D animation back when I worked with lightwave.

Nice work. What version of 3ds Max are you using? I have not touched anything newer than 2010 myself. I am looking forward to seeing more pics when you dial in the textures and lighting so the carve stands out more.

I'm using Max 2011, I started out using 12 but that version just pisses me off so I switched back to 11 haha. 2013 is pretty solid, I have no choice to use it anyway because it's for work. I can't wait to fancy it up though, I really want to get that high gloss shine and get the rest of those shadows in there and obviously the Fretboard needs better wood texture then that haha, but it's a place holder. I should have something up new in a few days, doesn't take long to finish but I've started a new project.