Another Wood Storage Question

I have another newbie woodworker question: every once in a while when I place an order in one of the "instrument wood" shops I throw in a random top or fingerboard. As this wood will spend some time before being used some time in the future, I started to wonder - should I glue the tops (potentially also body blanks) or leave the two halves separate and store them like that?

Is there any good reason for either or is it just a matter of preference? Any input would be appreciated :)

Edit: as a thread with no pictures is boring, here's a piece of imbuia that I scored recently. Beautiful, and completely different than the one I used for my nylon string.

980188_10200654453596244_845647578_o.jpg

Edited by pan_kara

Hmm. Good question. I guess that if you definitely know the orientation of the bookmatch (in-in/out-out) it is an option. Certainly, you would need to re-joint the bookmatch edges prior to glueing if they have been stored for a while to get a better glue joint (unless using epoxy I guess). Personally I would just tape them together perhaps with a couple of sticks in between to allow free air flow around the surfaces. This is what I did with all the tops I resawed to sit over the summer.