Strat Bridge/Saddles

Curtisa,

Yeah that's what I meant. Without the tremsetter, you can actually see the bridge move when you bend strings, and you can hear double stops go out of tune. The Super-Vee tremolo is supposed to act like a permanent tremsetter (without the "bump" at zero) because the leaf spring has "memory" at it's untensioned flat resting state, so it always returns to zero (supposedly). Someone seems to come out with a new fix for Leo's original brilliant but flawed tremolo system every couple of years, maybe this is just latest over-hyped solution. Anybody out there tried one? I like that it requires no modification and it has an adjustable whammy bar.

Curtisa,

Yeah that's what I meant. Without the tremsetter, you can actually see the bridge move when you bend strings, and you can hear double stops go out of tune. The Super-Vee tremolo is supposed to act like a permanent tremsetter (without the "bump" at zero) because the leaf spring has "memory" at it's untensioned flat resting state, so it always returns to zero (supposedly). Someone seems to come out with a new fix for Leo's original brilliant but flawed tremolo system every couple of years, maybe this is just latest over-hyped solution. Anybody out there tried one? I like that it requires no modification and it has an adjustable whammy bar.

The ability of the trem to return to it's equilibrium point every time the bar is operated is less important in limiting the sympathetic detuning during bends. I haven't used or seen the Super Vee trem in person, but on watching the videos and looking at the sales blurbs the tensioning system doesn't seem to work appreciably differently than any other "strings vs springs" system.

Super Vee do have something they call the Mag-Lok that they advertise as being able to prevent sympathetic detuning during doublestop bends while still allowing uninhibited use of the arm when required, but I'm willing to bet that it still introduces the same quirks to tremolo feel as any other Tremsetter mechanism.