P bass plans

Hi!  I wanna build my first solid body bass, I'm designing my own body shape but I want a P bass scale and neck.  Where can I find a good to-scale plan?  I looked around online and was surprised one didn't jump out at me.  I'm old school, not designing this on a computer so I want actual paper to work with.  Thanks so much!  

Welcome onboard! I designed a 5-string version of a '51 P-Bass which is in the Downloads section, but unfortunately that is a CAD plan which I am sure you're not wanting to work with.

What are you wanting a plan for, an entire P-Bass or simply the neck for one? For a donation to the site I could draw one up in CAD and email it to your as a PDF that a printshop can easily run off. It really depends on whether you're looking for something vintage correct (which is a minefield at best) or specifically to your own design.

Thanks for replying....I just wanted the neck and bridge placement, I imaged I'd have the body there too to kind of visualize how my design would fit "over top" if it but thats ok - I have a P bass neck on my current stick and a ruler - I'll just draw it up.  I'm considering buying a neck for this build also so I'm not terribly concerned about the neck plan/fret placement at this point, I just wanted the plan to help me get the body design to scale, at the moment its just a sketch.  I'll post updates as it takes shape.  Thanks!  

Sure thing. You'll always find help here in terms of deciding on bridge placement. In general all I do is to measure back from the twelfth fret half the scale length to the point where the saddles can sit at their furthest forward adjustment. Unless the bridge has really limited range of intonation, this is a sure fire way of getting the maximum grunt out of the bridge.