straightening warped neck

john

hi all,

ive read brian tutorial on it, but i would like to know if there a non-invasive way of doing it.

the neck in question is curly maple flatsawn squier strat(1999). Ive grown very used to this neck and would hate to lose it so i would if posssible like to repair it.

when you look (from the headstock end) down along the neck you can see that the headstock is not level with the line of the body(around 3-4 degrees of twist i think)

now, it doesnt seem to affect playability,but its just one of those things that bugs me!

if i did the sanding method, sure the head stock would still be at an angle relative to the body? and the heel would be at an angle too would it not?

any help appreciated,thanks

john. :D

when you look (from the headstock end) down along the neck you can see that the headstock is not level with the line of the body(around 3-4 degrees of twist i think)

its twisted. which i find really strange because the wood is almost perfectly flatsawn. better so than my friends mex strat which has a dead straight neck and is the same age

ok, are you sure you don't mean quarter sawn, it's the best grain for necks, where flat would be a little less greater lol

guitarwoodgrain.jpg

fig 1 is quarter sawn, fig 2 is pretty close to flatsawn, fig2-2 is an example of laminating 3 flatsawn peices of wood to make a laminate quartersawn neck