60's/70's Gibson SG Project

So, I bought a "60's/70's SG Special Project". It'd been routed for humbuckers and was left handed... no biggie.. just do a reverse Hendrix (I'm right handed)... The "simple fix neck" was unglued.. and it was stripped but.. came with "some original hardware". Not bad.. I could handle it.

Then, I received it.. and the story god hopelessly sad.

The first thing I noticed was that the body was not an described.. the routing was horrible.. not Gibson quality at all. Then.. I noticed the filled in control cavity.. and noticed the original pickup routes which still somewhat stood out. Then I realized the body was poplar and not mahogany.. and the neck was maple. Originally this was a Gibson SG-200, 250 or Gibson SG-II. The original pickups which were included confirmed this (single coils with black "Gibson" covers). The original fricken control plate was also included. No big deal, gotta stay positive, right? Yup!

Then, I noticed the "simple fix neck" problem. It hadn't been removed properly. In fact.. it'd been SAWED off. It's fixable.. I managed to get the joint out of the guitar body.. and I could glue it to the neck.. but.. I suspect the neck has a slight twist.. it won't sit flush with the body. It was the last kick I could take while down. So, I've given up.

The reason I bought the project as opposed to a full guitar is because I'm quit unwell-off and can't even afford a "Faded SG Special".. let alone a Vintage SG. So, taking this anyplace to be fixed is out if it costs too much.

So, should I throw this on the fire? Or could I get some money for it, possibly? The seller refuses a refund because he's an ignorant inbred MFer who likes to deep throat for beer money... so that's out. I'm just a little confuzzled as what I should do, and very, very saddened by my stupid choice to waste money on an impossible project.

Man, that's depressing.

The original pickups which were included confirmed this (single coils with black "Gibson" covers)

Are you saying that he put single coils and disguised them as humbuckers? Maybe I'm misunderstanding this?

It sounds horrible. Do you have pics? It's hard to judge without seeing it but it sounds like you might be better of without it.

Man, that's depressing.

The original pickups which were included confirmed this (single coils with black "Gibson" covers)

Are you saying that he put single coils and disguised them as humbuckers? Maybe I'm misunderstanding this?

It sounds horrible. Do you have pics? It's hard to judge without seeing it but it sounds like you might be better of without it.

I was led to believe that it originally had P-90's... not Melody Maker style single coils. Nope, no pics. Sorry. On the bright side, my father (40 years of cabinet/furniture building experience) looked at the neck and said it isn't twisted. He pointed out the cause of the 'lip' of the neck not sitting flush is a bump on the 'lip' (overhang) of the neck. He's going to file it off for me. Apparantly when the idiot hacked off the neck.. he took a piece of the body about 1/16" with it. The body must've been sanded down (so the neck bump rides the body instead of sitting in where it came from) Completely fixable though. My father also said he'd have one of his workers fill the holes and lay a thin veneer so all of it's scars aren't noticable.