which pots to use????

sinner16

:D

Ok ... I have a small question .... I'm looking to use different pots my Jackson PS2. The stock volume and tone post feel very sticky and hard to turn .... it makes volume swells impossible ... Are there any specific manufacturers that are known to be smoother than others ? Am I just over analyzing this and a pot is just a pot .... B)

Any feedback would be appreciated...... Thanks....

CTS makes great pots, as do ALPS, Alpha, Bournes, and several others. However, I would think that any quality pot would be an upgrade on a price point import. The Performer series wasn't exactly custom shop, especially after Jackson moved the production to Korea. You might also try audio taper pots, since most Asian axes come with linear pots, but that's a personal preference. Hope that helps. Oh, yeah, before I forget, Brian carries quality pots at really good prices. :D

I hear ya about the Performer series.... I'm just messing

around with it. I'll probably just get some off of Brian ... his prices are good... and he's part of this site... Might as well give him the business than hunting all over the net looking for the lowest price I can find!!!! :D

I hope you didn't think I was dissing your axe- I've played some nice ones. I just meant that the imports cut corners to lower costs, so the electronics probably weren't the best available. I have a Korean bass fetish myself, but I've often had to rework the wiring on an otherwise well-built instrument. Not really a big deal, considering the price difference.

lovekraft .... No offense taken at all ... my whole idea was to get a decent price/quality axe and mold it into what I want it to be. My Jackson PS2 I got for next to nothing so .... I'm not up to the point of cutting and routing my own bodies yet... I'm just starting out.... But I do appreciate your advice ... and I will try the audio taper pots too ... Thanks ... :D