Repairing spiderweb cracks from impact

Jester700

OK. You know those cracks that look like a spiderweb you get when a hard finish (like on, say, an Ibanez solidbody) takes an impact? Is there any way to minimize them or blend them at all? I saw something on the web using a UV light and a dental glaze, but that was on an acoustic. I was wondering if any of y'all had experience with this.

On the Ibanez finish you can use some of the thin superglue and it should suck it's way inside there on it's own. But you only get one shot, because otherwise it hardens and locks out any future attempts. When I do it, I sometimes use a syringe, but most of the time I just put it on the surface and as its finding its way in there, I "help" it along, by tapping quickly on the surface around the area. It sometimes helps to "massage" it in there. Or if its on an edge and you can sort of lift it a little with the edge of an exacto knife or razor blade, then you're sure to get it in there. And when you release it and press it back down the squeeze out will make sure it gets all in there. Then you flatten, wetsand, and buff.

On the Ibanez finish you can use some of the thin superglue and it should suck it's way inside there on it's own. But you only get one shot, because otherwise it hardens and locks out any future attempts. When I do it, I sometimes use a syringe, but most of the time I just put it on the surface and as its finding its way in there, I "help" it along, by tapping quickly on the surface around the area. It sometimes helps to "massage" it in there. Or if its on an edge and you can sort of lift it a little with the edge of an exacto knife or razor blade, then you're sure to get it in there. And when you release it and press it back down the squeeze out will make sure it gets all in there. Then you flatten, wetsand, and buff.

Thanks, Frank. You rock in ANY forum... :D