best lyrics / worst lyrics

Gobbo

What constitutes "good" lyrics anyway? Saying the most with the least amount of words? It mostly depends on the listener's perspective and how they interpret a songwriters lyrics. You can say, "Yeah, my wife left me and my dog got hit by a diesel" or "Woke up this morning, my dog was dead." If that really happened to you then I guess you can identify with what the writer was trying to get across = good lyrics. But to someone else it could be meaningless.

In a word: opinion.

For me, I like Alice Cooper. Just about every time I hear him, it sounds like he's singing my life story.

What constitutes "good" lyrics anyway?  Saying the most with the least amount of words?  It mostly depends on the listener's perspective and how they interpret a songwriters lyrics.  You can say, "Yeah, my wife left me and my dog got hit by a diesel" or "Woke up this morning, my dog was dead."  If that really happened to you then I guess you can identify with what the writer was trying to get across = good lyrics.  But to someone else it could be meaningless.

In a word: opinion.

For me, I like Alice Cooper. Just about every time I hear him, it sounds like he's singing my life story.

umm."schools out for summer"? :D

Gobbo I see your a fan of punk music too

slightly. more of a hard rock / country / blues / theme song kinda guy... but most hard rock i listen to i never make out the lyrics, and country and blues is just simple songs.. nothin spectacular =D. but your right on a level... some days i just wouldnt want to be without somethin like misfits or bad religion or nofx or afi or guttermouth or.... i was once a punk fan i suppose.. lol

That didn't last long for me, cuz I was only 18 for about a year :D

I also kind of like Red Hot Chili Peppers lyrics, especially in one song where one line is absolute "gibberish".

Speaking Of DLR, I found his website is great to induce vomiting. Like say you are cleaning out your spraying equipment by blowing through it with your mouth. If you would ever accidetally swallow some solvent or paint, just go to http://www.davidleeroth.com/ and you'll be throwing up in no time.