Low TRS2 is crap, want a floyd rose

hey all, i asked brian but he wasnt sure so il ask all you guys. i have a ibanez RGT42 which i think is xcellent, apart for the shite low TRS2 trem on it. i was told that a genuine floyd rose will fit it but i think theyre a tad bulky and was wondering if a floyd rose pro would fit into my guitar without any routing? and also, brian told me how to remove the trem post holders buryed in the guitar but i wonder if a new set of floyd rose posts would fit into the ones already in my guitar??

hey all, i asked brian but he wasnt sure so il ask all you guys. i have a ibanez RGT42 which i think is xcellent, apart for the shite low TRS2 trem on it. i was told that a genuine floyd rose will fit it but i think theyre a tad bulky and was wondering if a floyd rose pro would fit into my guitar without any routing? and also, brian told me how to remove the trem post holders buryed in the guitar but i wonder if a new set of floyd rose posts would fit into the ones already in my guitar??

I completely agree! I have an RGT32G with a low pro edge fitted to it. I had the trem changed by a proper luthier though before I got into playing with building them myself. If your in the UK try contacting The Academy of Sound in Manchester who have an excellent choice there. They will be able to give you some good advice as well as they seem to do a lot of this kind of work. But bear in mind the prices in the UK are pretty much double what they are in the states! So If your looking for the trem try VWALL Guitars who are partners ? Friends of this site! Personally I'd say go with the routing and get a good Low Pro edge in there. There really is no alternative!!! I havent looked back since I had mine done!

Cheers! And hellO! :D