Replace PRS SE Custom bridge screws

Linde

Hello, I need to replace the six screws of my PRS SE Custom 22 2019. PRS doesn't sell the originals screws of the SE bridge separately, only the bridge kit, but they told me that the Gen II USA screws fit just fine.

Did someone try to mount the PRS Gen II screws with SE bridge on a SE Custom 22? I want to be sure those match perfectly with the SE bridge, and I'm a bit worry because the USA screws are a bit longer then the SE screws, and actually I need to set the bridge a bit lower than the stock setup.

Thanks.

I contacted him a  while ago, too. But he told me that I can buy his screws and his bridge, but I can't afford neither just the screws because I'm from Italy and shipping and fee cost are exaggerated. I'd pay the screws how much the complete PRS SE bridge kit.

I seen an old instruction video about the bridge, a John Mann bridge and screws, but I need to mix up PRS USA screws Gen II and PRS SE bridge.

I got an answer from US PRS factory, indirectly, and they said that the Gen II fit just fine. But I hope they had considerate all the complications about the depth of the hole in the SE and the fact I have to keep the original SE bridge.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the mounting screws bridge Gen II. Well, it looks like my old one, and not like the PRS USA bridge screws. Is that weird?

I mounted the bridge with the new screws, but I solved just in part the issue I had, so it doesn't solved.

For a mistake my original screws has been worn, and the bridge didn't return in position after I used the bar, and it was unstable even if I just push or lift it up by hand, the bridge keeps bit the position I give to it moving it.

The new screws keep it to return i position if I lift up the bridge with the bar, but if I push, even very slightly, the bridge it doesn't flat, anymore, but slightly pushed down, and this increase the pitch of the strings. I can't stay never in tune, like that.