Hagstrom tremolo

hai, i've just came across to some hagstrom guitars and i like the design of the tremolo. but the problem is, i can't seem to find any close pictures or any details for me to jot down and take a good look at it. can anyone help me with this?

Just look at the tremolo bar... so classic yet, so modern... i didn't really good at using the floyd rose tremolo but i don't really like to have the standard fender bridge with tremolo either. the tremolo bridge on the hagstrom is just nice for my guitar... if i can't find one... i'll build one... BTW, thanks for the pics weezerboy.... it is much closer than i got to see myself but still, i need a very close up on the bridge so that i could have it drawn and measured. can you help me man?

This is the closest pic I could find of the trem on my Hagstrom III.

reg048c.jpg

Sorry, the pic is a few years old and the only hold down screw, for the trem spring, I could find at the time was the handle off a bi-fold closet door, :D . Since then I've replaced it with a stainless slotted screw of the proper size. I have the trem set in the floating position on this guitar and it DOES NOT go out of tune not matter how much I pull on it. The graphite nut helps quite a bit.

The design is simple, yet hard to describe. These people can do a better job of it than I. Enter the site and click on "Tremar" in the index. There are some real good closeup pics showing the spring mechanism in the back and the forward fulcrum between the two plates.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hagstrom/redirect/index.html

yeah, i would like to have some of the construction tips regardless on what and with what....

southpa... thanks man... the site really helps a lot but i just need some clarification on something. the springs, does it attach to something or screwed on the wood or something similar in construction as brian may tremolo?

Thr trem system works independently from the body of the guitar. You have 2 thick metal plates that are sandwiched together. There is a screw running thru both plates with a large spring on the underside of the bottom plate. The bottom plate is firmly screwed into the body of the guitar. The trem arm is mounted to the upper plate. Loosening the smaller screw causes the back of the top plate to "float" off the bottom plate. So when you pull up on the trem arm you are adding string tension and expanding the spring underneath. Here is a pic of the top of the trem system.

hag634.jpg

When you push down on the trem arm you are pulling up on the back of the top plate. This lowers string tension and compresses the spring underneath. The forward part of the upper plate rocks in the large hooks of the lower plate. Here is a pic of the underside of the trem system.

hag633.jpg

I can't explain it any better. Have a close look at the pics and work it out. Better yet, get your hands on a Hagstrom and play around with the trem mechanism.