Phase Pedals

Biohazard

Hi, this will probably sound like a strange or stupid question but i was researching into phase pedals and was wanting to know what would be the difference between the different kinds and which one is the best. Below is a list of the ones that interest me from their descriptions, whats the difference between them and which one would be the best:

Ibanez Phaser (PH7)/Phase Modulator(PM7)

MXR Phase 100

Electro-Harmonix Small Stone Phase Shifter

Boss PH-2 Super Phase

Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :D

im not too sure ofthe others but i know the small stone has a good sound and rep

if you want an idea of what its like then listen to most smashing pumpkins stuff. they used it heavilly in most of their songs

also the solo in smells like teen spirit was done with a small stone

... whats the difference between them and which one would be the best:

Ibanez Phaser (PH7)/Phase Modulator(PM7)

MXR Phase 100

Electro-Harmonix Small Stone Phase Shifter

Boss PH-2 Super Phase

Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

Except for the PM7, I've used all of them at one time or another - they all do a creditable job, and the differences are fairly subtle. Of the list you mentioned , I like the Phase 100 and the Small Stone best, but I really couldn't tell you why. Your best bet would be to try them out with your rig, and keep the one you fall in love with. And don't forget the Univibe (and clones), my personal favorite.