Sound Forge plug-ins

mullmuzzler

B):D:D:D

Recently I came up with a task to enhance voice in some recording for a amateur movie that me and my pals filmed couple of weeks ago. The problem is in background noise and sounds that digital camera recorded VERY GOOD :D . So, I need some plug-in for the SF so I can enhance the voice and decrease volume in background music. If any of you have expirience in such tasks or any of you work in a studio, please post your advices and links.

Thx in advance

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

• 2 weeks later...

One thing you can do is split the audio into separate tracks. Voice over the vocal tracks. Did you record from the camera in stereo? One method you can try is removing the vocal channel(center) by splitting the main audio into stereo and taking one side and putting it into 180 degree out of phase with the other. This will usually remove any audio in the center. You can then re record the audio into a separate track. This will retain the background noise if you recorded into stereo.

If you did not record the audio separate from the camera but used the camera's mic, here is a little trick you can do. Rip the audio into wav file ( you are using soundforge right?). Copy that file so you have 2 tracks of the same audio. Name one (whatever)a.wav and the other (whatever)b.wav Now play around with the noise gate and/or dynamics tools within SF. You can set one up so any of the vocals are lowered but lets the low noise(background) through(sort of like a reverse noise gate), while doing the opposite with the other. Then blend the two tracks.

One little hint is to use a multi-tracking audio recording suite. the best for what you are doing is Nuendo as you can do all the audio engineering and once done while still in the suite attach it to your video using standard video compression or even SMPTE standards.