bosch genx 18v sander + 4Ah batter for $109.99

mistermikev

Super deal: low profile sander at lowes! so... my sander died today. I've wanted a festool or 3M for a while... would love an air sander as they are the ultimate for guitar, but req a giant compressor. Found the bosch genx 18v sander on sale at lowes for $109.99. Went into the store and they had a sign "buy one get one free" saying you buy and base tool you get a battery free... but the guy says the sander isn't part of the deal. looked on their website and it shows the sander and battery as part of the deal... so they got the manager and I walked out with both the 18v sander (good deal at $109) plus the 4Ah battery kit ($109) for a total of $109.99. This is the perfect guitar detail sander so just wanted to share with my luthier bretheren!

IMG_4880.JPG

• Like 1

i know that nobody really cares... but for the record I tried this out quite a bit the other day and it is fantastic.  #1 it runs very smooth and doesn't bother the hand at all.  The 4.0Ah battery lasted long enough for me to sand 220 and then 340 on the entire guitar and idk how much time it has left but that's good enough for me. 

I imagine if you had a LOT of sanding to do all at once you might want a couple of spare batteries... perhaps even a plug in sander if it is really a lot of sanding... but this for me is a detail sander.  It is so small and agile - perfect.  Little bit heavier than a da sander.  With the speed control I would be willing to bet I will be able to put a buffing pad on this and it will be VERY handy for buffing contours auto-magically.  I give it a 9.5/10 as the only downside I can see is the weight.