Make my own SuperStrat from an existing body, put in a Floyd Rose and a Charvel neck

I love the Charvel roasted maple "Speed" necks with the 12-16" contour really does work. I also like that the fingerboards are rolled. You can get them on Stratosphere, along with a Charvel HSS pickguard which is good value given the price of electronics. 

I have a nice body that isnt a flamed maple cap, so I have to work out the width and possibly if the neck heel is too thin.

I was planning to use the Floyd Rose templated on this site, but not sure how to do it with an existing body, other than using the existing 2 point Trem as a straight line and go from there, but prob better to get a neck in and also use the necks lines coming down as a right angle to the Trem line.

Any thoughts on where I am heading with this build?

Attach the neck to the body and lay a straight edge (say, a 1m long steel ruler) along the edge of the neck on the bass side. Trace a line from where the straight edge extends past the end of the neck across the length of the body. Repeat the process for the treble side of the neck. You'll end up with two lines drawn on the body that taper slightly, and can be used as projection alignment marks for the bridge.

Measure from the nut to the 12th fret along the bass side of the neck and double this value. Place the ruler along the bass side of the neck and mark this doubled value on the bass-side line you just marked on the body. Repeat the same process along the treble side of the neck and mark the treble-side line on the body.

Join the two marks on the body with a perpendicular line. If you measure the length of this line and divide by two you will have the centre point of the strings and neck  You can then use this perpendicular line and centre point to align the Floyd Rose templates with.

image.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, curtisa said:

Attach the neck to the body and lay a straight edge (say, a 1m long steel ruler) along the edge of the neck on the bass side. Trace a line from where the straight edge extends past the end of the neck across the length of the body.

Thats a really brilliant reply.TY