What should I charge for guitar assembly?

Let's start from that it won't be cheap if done by a luthier!

If you run a business, even if you're self-employed, there's all sorts of background costs that should be covered: Tools, workshop, insurances, pension insurance, VAT etc. That's why the hourly charge is much higher than the average salary per hour.

A quick search revealed that a basic setup costs something between $50 to 100 depending on the difficulty level. Fret leveling and dressing doubles that. And those prices are for fully assembled guitars.

For the assembly, a lot depends on the design: A bolt-on or glued neck? Pickups and electronics on the pickguard (Strat) or with separate rings and cavities (LP), simple or complicated electronics (coil split, push-pull, mini toggles???). It'll easily be a two hour's job even in the simplest case.

So, let's say you do the assembly and electronics in two hours and the setup in another two including fret leveling. By charging $75 per hour that'd be $300. For me that doesn't sound bad for a job done by a professional, knowing that everything works as it should. And if the kit requires fiddling to fit the parts together the price could be higher. So I'd tell it'd be something between 300 and 500 depending on the potentional surprises along the road.