Which guitar offers best value for money?

Matia

Which guitar offers best value for money?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Value" depends on individual needs...

You can get an Agile from Rondo or a Yamaha Pacifica and have a decent, playable axe for a couple hundred.

You can get a USA made guitar from Carvin that isn't quite custom but gives you LOTS of options for under a grand. And the overall quality is as good as most axes twice the price, IMO. (this is who I'd vote for, BTW, if I HAD to vote - it should be in the poll).

Or you can play hundreds of guitars and find one that "speaks to you" and buy it, whatever the price; if a guitar does that it'll motivate you, and THAT's value, no matter what the overall quality/price ratio is.

Although I am a huge PRS fan and I realy like the Wolfgangs too, I have to say, the best guitar for the least money has got to be the Fender or Gibson. You can get them for $500.00 to $800.00 and have a nice guitar that plays and soungs great. With the Wolfgang it will be minimum ttwice that and the PRS will be 4 times that. I haven't played nor priced a soloist, so I don't know about that one. Deans quality is on the rise, but so is their price tag! Anyway, I for one would consider what tone you are looking for and go from there!

Doooooods,
I know that I am going to open a can of worms with this, but what about Dillion, Agile, Tokai, etc?

They may not have as much name recognition, but a few of the guys at my fraternity have mid range gibsons, fenders, etc. and my dillion 500x outplays them all and looks better than most of them.

my 2 cents.

-Vadim \m/

[url="http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml;$sessionid$UOFCWXQAAA3RRTZENUFZPQWPERWRJPX0?UCIDs=850849%7C940498&PRID=1456585"]Agile Prestige LP[/url]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3744048824&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW"]Tokai Love Rock[/url]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3744886283&rd=1"]Dillion 1500[/url]

• 1 month later...

Yamaha makes nice guitars, for the money. I played with a guy who had a Mike Stern model, and it was a great axe. I never would have considered one before I saw how nice his guitar was.

That said, this is a great time to be a guitar player. There are so many nice, affordable guitars out there. The factories are doing a great job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Id have to agree with baretta guy on the Kramer side of things tho i reckon that the striker series has it. i have a striker custom in green with a TOM and as a first guitar i couldnt have asked for anything better. good hardware, good finish, nice to play and damn good price.

btw i broke the unwritten rule as well, i refused to have a squier as a first guitar simply on principal. same reason i still cant play stairway :D