P-Bass and J-Bass Neck

I just had a look at the Mark Hoppus signature Bass and it says that it has the J-Bass Body but with a P-Bass neck

seeing as im actually thinking of building something like this for a friend, can someone tell me what the difference is?

cheers

oh yea, i definately agree, i love the J bass neck, much easier on the hand after a few hours, much more comfortable, that mark bass is nice though, i like the simplicty of one pickup and one volume, very nice and that pickup is a meaty one too, the jazz body IMHO is also much more comfortable with the off set waist, so again, its all about personal preferences, good luck with the descion, have fun with it

aaahh i c

many thanks guys

i think i may just make my friend a J-Bass copy, posablly go with the same 1 Pup, 1 Vol Pot idea as the Mark bass

if you can you might want to find out about the internal wiring etc... i actually thought of something, finding a mark hoppus pickguard might be kinda hard, you will most likely have to custom make one and or buy a mexican made squier series for the pickguard, they used a similar pickguard to the hoppus one which used no chrome control plate, however there would be two additional tone control holes in it, just and idea, you could always put those two holes to good use and add something else to the electronics, who knows, personally i would go for the single pickup and vol control rear routed and elimante the pickguard all together, so many possibilities, have fun with it

thats a good point about the pickgaurd tho i may have a way to get around it. if i can get a cad drawing for a J-Bass pickgaurd that includes the metal plate then i can use the laser cutter here at my school to cut one out as a single piece. i would also be able to get around the whole problem with extra holes

cheers for pointing it out