coolest tab ever!!!!

rsera

Hi Guys,

I was looking for a tab of yankee rose(teenage memories) and came across this really cool software that not only shows you a tab but has a midi file with it and shows the notes while playing back the song.

My Webpage

If you cant find the software I will ask 1 of the mods about posting it here(hey Wes here is your part)

Happy practicing :DB):D:D

www.power-tab.net go here for the software and the other link is for the files like megadeth or what ever get you up in the morning

If you're talking about powertab - yes that's great software. The best I have seen so far. I wish there was a more realistic electric guitar sound though (I know it's not powertab's fault). I use powertab quite a bit - the printouts are very professional looking - just like you would see in any tab book/mag.

right - I think it has been around for quite a while so there is a lot of tab available for it. I like the way that the submissions are rated.

This is something that may have gone away by now if the developer decided to charge for it. Since he made it free, everyone seems to be adopting it and it seems to be the standard from what I can tell.

If you aren't happy with the guitar sound, I'm sure it works via midi, so you could alwayd buy a korg triton and hook it up to you computer, and then it would sound much closer to an actual guitar! of course thats nearly a couple grand spent on being picky! :D

I prefer www.guitar-pro.com - it has way more features, but unfortunately its not free like powertab.

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out. I only use powertab to print it out and don't touch any of the other features so going with something with more features (and paying for it) probably isn't for me. I always like to check new things out though so thanks for the link.

On question - is there a lot of tab available for it like powertab? Does it import powertab files?

Hey,

I don't think it can import power tabs, however it can import from MIDI files and ASCII tabs (the latter obviously doesnt including any timing information). There is a huge library of Guitar Pro tabs at My Songbook.

I'll think you'll find for simple listening to tabs the Guitar Pro demo is fine, as long as you can put up with a nag screen at the beginning.

One of hte best things I think guitar pro has over powertab is it has much better management of multiple tracks, which is great for me as i generally like to learn fairly complex(ish) multiple guitar songs for the band and with mates. Its also more handy for writing songs; especially with multiple guitar tracks, cause i can throw in some percussion, bass or guitar really easily to jam to/test out.

- Dan