Valuable Lesson I've Learnt

There is a right way and a wrong way to use spray cans

he right way is the way that was shown to me this afternoon by a very friendlly teacher in my design schools. the wrong way is the way that i have been doing it up untill now lol

i would try to explain what the "right way" appears to be but it retrospect its quite self explanatory. dont hold the spray can too far away and its actually alot easier tospray it when its flat insterad of hanging

hm well. my 0.02 for anybody who cares

I've learned my lessons too. Since my spray booth happens to be my back yard, I don't spray on windy days. I've had good results at spraying laquer on a hanging guitar, the stuff sticks like sh*t to a blanket, pardon the lingo. Never had one run yet. But poly is an entirely different aminal. Its VERY heavy stuff when compared to laquer. Sometimes you think you can manage just one more coat, next thing you see is that curtain effect as the poly sliiiides down.

But poly is an entirely different aminal. Its VERY heavy stuff when compared to laquer. Sometimes you think you can manage just one more coat, next thing you see is that curtain effect as the poly sliiiides down.

I hope your talking about spray can polyurethane. If your talking about automotive poly, then you've got it mixed wrong. Just curious what type you was spraying...

Also as far as spray cans go, one thing that will help out alot is to remeber to start your spraying off the guitar body then in one fluid motion all the way across the body and stopping when it has cleared the other side. Then, when you make another swipe, imagine your spraying directly on the edge of the last pass. That will make sure you are spraying a uniformed coat of paint by overlapping each pass. Just thought I'd add those two suggestions that worked great for me when I was still spraying with aerosyl cans.