SERIOUS AMP PROBLEMS!

sjaguar13

I just go my new amp. It's a 2x10 with a tweeter. The tweeter was the only thing working. I took it apart and the magnet came off the speaker and stuck on the other speaker. These magnets aren't the lightest things to get off. I have no idea how that would happen. After taking off the magnet and sticking it back on the right one, and plugging in the other one, one speaker started to work. I took another 10 inch speaker I had and put it in, and neither speaker works. I can't get the original speaker to work anymore.

When the magnet came off, there was a smaller magnet that fits in a hole in the back of the speaker and a ring-like magnet that went over that. The speaker is cannot be pushed down (like what it would do to make sound). It feels like the little magnet went too far, but it's hard to tell, or fix. The magnets are really strong. I just spent $1,000 on a cabinet that only the tweeter works, but it recently stopped working, too.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong or how to fix it?