I think I'm gonna buy it.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

purp.jpg

purpback.jpg

I have wanted a Gledura for a long time. He says it's inexpensive....Dont deal with ED. If you need to deal with World Class Guitars (AKA Ed Roma) deal with Scott or Alan. Ed is a dyed in the wool asshole.

I wouldn't care if it was the last guitar on earth. If Ed Roman had it, he would be keeping it, because he will NEVER EEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVER get any cash from me. He is a liar, a cheat. Here is an example... Check his J Frog guitars... Most of them are Kramer fire sale bodies with J frog necks on them and he is calling them original...He once tried to sell me a Japanese 2 neck Sambora Kramer for 8k telling me it was a USA model and there were only 6 in existence, but he could build me an EXACT copy for 4500... Now I know for a fact there were more than 6 in existence... Hell I have seen more than 6 pass through Ebay in the last few months. People who do business like that don't deserve to be in business..

If I were you I would try to find somewhere else to buy one, if not, bring lube. It will make the reaming you will get much easier to handle :D

No, Ed's an ass, but he has some decent ppl working for him. And Nick, who I talked to said that it isnt "very inexpesive". After talking to ED, he found out that it is $2750. Screw em. I can build it. I still would like a gledura, tho.

bring lube. It will make the reaming you will get much easier to handle
:D

Hey Jeff, a while ago you told us Ed Roman was a friend of yours... what happened?

It IS a nice guitar though.. Can't you build yourself a copy?

Well inresponse to that. I have decided thast anyone who lies and changes his mind on a dime for a dollar is not woth trusting, calling a friend, or even giving the time of day to. For instance, I hate Wal Mart and Target, but I shop there because the ppl working for them for the most part are good decent ppl.

There's plety of other threads explaining ed's character. I didnt start this thread for that reason. I will now advise you to run a topic search for that answer. Sorry if I sound cold, but I dont want my thread closed.

I wonder if he was doing people wrong when he owned Eascoast Music Mall.

At that time, he was offering a course on how to start and run a music store. I wrote to him for more info, but he wrote back saying the course is for people lacking common sense, and that I probably had enough common sense that I wouldn't need to take his course.

Maybe he changed after moving to Vegas. I guess gambling and showgirls could do that to ya.

*quickly changing the subject* *cough cough*

Now... about that LACEWOOD top.... how pourous is that stuff, and how easy does it take stain?

true....

man. that thing looks THICK! look how the heel tapers on the back of the neck. maybe im over exaggerating.

sorry.

Lacewood is really nice to work with. It dyes well, and looks fabulous. Read the GOTM thread for pics of mine. I used a green dye and wet sanded it until i like the look. It isnt pourous per se like mahogany, but has pores that run paralell with the grain that crack easily, so be carful.

bring lube. It will make the reaming you will get much easier to handle
:D

Hey Jeff, a while ago you told us Ed Roman was a friend of yours... what happened?

It IS a nice guitar though.. Can't you build yourself a copy?

Here is what happlened.

Below a letter from a customer who wanted to reinforce my statements with some of his own

Ed

Hello Ed

This is NOT a rebuttal to you, but to the **** heads who flame you for your articles. Here goes:

Point 1. Quicksilvers are hand made...this means EXACTLY that. No machines were used except for things like a bandsaw for cutting the body (operated by HUMAN hands on wood) a router and a drill press (also operated by human hands, though not on a computer keyboard, or however they run CNC machines)

Point 2. PRS guitars don't sound that great. Honestly I have a Diamond Series Schecter that plays and sounds better than a PRS (I could have financed a PRS, but I paid cash for the Schecter, only to find out that it has a long list of shortcomings, albeit, still better than a PRS). If an Asian guitar can be better than a PRS, a Quicksilver is 10,000 times better.

Point 3. PRS guitars don’t look as good. The finishes are NOT up to par  worth ****. The dye always seems to be too dark on the darker colored models and there are swirls in it from the buffing. Furthermore, I have never seen a production PRS with a "book matched" top, if you can even call it that. When a book match is done, the wood is sawn in half and glued together like pages of a book. Somehow they seem to always get this wrong (Don’t worry, Gibson often does, too). It only takes an extra two seconds to line it up...oh, never mind a machine can't see.

Point 4. I can guarantee that a Quicksilver will play better. Have you ever played an original Jackson Soloist (Preferably pre 1988)? The Quicksilver necks are made by Grover Jackson. Elsewhere on this site, Ed mentions that Grover is a perfectionist, he wont stop until it is perfect. Will a machine? Nope. If a machine screws up, it doesn't know. Why? Because it's a MACHINE.

Point 5. Tone is key. I don’t care if you like to sound like **** and play punk rock, tone is key. The black backs sound will blow anything else away. I played A PRS Dragon and I just couldn’t believe it. It was muddier than anything. It was used so it might not have had the orig. PUs, but nonetheless.

Point 6. Price. You can actually get a PRS for far more than a Quicksilver. Yes, I said more. I know that if you want a PRS, and in your head that is set in stone, this means nothing. But if your options are open, so is your mind. And SO WHAT if the Quicksilver you want costs a few hundred more? It is by far a better guitar. Besides to quote ED "Why pay hand made prices for machine made guitars?" If a PRS were a $500 guitar this wouldn’t have as much validity. But a PRS is a $3000 (MSRP) and up guitar

Point 7. Playability. If you try to take a solo in your PRS, the MASSIVE heel gets in the way, on the Quicksilver the heel...wait what heel?

Point 8. Options. There are more options on the Quicksilver than you can imagine. Try to get a PRS with a Floyd Rose. How about a Sharkfin inlay? What about an exotic headstock shape (I am sure Ed could arrange that for a Quicksilver)? Or even a bridge that actually intonates? NOT A CHANCE ON A PRS.

Point 9. CASE CLOSED

Jeff Litchfield

Post Falls ID

Dear Jeff

Thanks for your letter, I appreciate what you are saying, although I think you might be a little overly harsh on PRS. I always use PRS as the whipping boy simply because they are about the best  normal off the rack, store bought Guitar that you can buy,  PRS in fact is the leader in our industry, I wouldn't get very far comparing guitars to Gibsons because everybody but the most stubborn diehard idiots knows that PRS decimated Gibson as far back as 1989. PRS quality is usually better than what you are describing. I am aware that the Quicksilvers are far superior but please don't be overly harsh on PRS believe it or not I'm not.

Ed

PS

The Gledura Guitars are going to be the next big thing,

Ed Roman has spoken !!!!!!!

Quoted off his site here. About 3/4 down the page. Note, I quoted his site damn near verbatim.