1966 Gibson Humbuckers

Kim94595

Just finishing up my guitar and getting ready to install the electronics. I have a couple of Gibson Humbuckers that I had in an old guitar. I bought them new in 1966 (OK .. I'm older than dirt! .... now back off!). They are in very good shape because I quit playing guitar for many years. Now I'm into it again and having a lot of fun with it. Are these pups worth much because of their age? New, they're about 100 bucks now, I guess. Use them or sell them, I guess that's my question.

Thanks a lot!

well if they still sound fine then i say go for it, if not you could always get them rewound, repotted etc...depends how they sound and what you are going for soundwise, what kinda genre music etc

if they need to be completely rewired etc, it'd still be cool to say that you have some old gibson pickups in your guitar

just my two cents :D

dan

With all due respect to a kindly gentleman of your vintage( B) )

Are you serious or is this a loaded question?

Personally, I'd use 'em in a heartbeat, I would never sell 'em. :D

You could find out the answer to that question in less than 1/2 hour by searching e-Bay completed items, that's the fastest way to find the current value of just about anything... :D