the damn bevels again!

alright guys heres a few pics of the progress of the anihilator as of last year basically, i still need to do routing and bevels, what tools should i be using, should i go old school and use a bastard file and sandpaper or should i use a router? im worried about using a router on the wings though, i think you guys can understand why just by looking at it.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=685829

btw, the pic of me with the hammer and chisle is when i made the prototype out of birch, since i got about 25 brd ft of the stuff for free.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

sorry that was a 3AM typo. Chamfer bits are correct. 45 degree angle, with a 1/4 inch shank (assuming your router is 1/4 inch). DO NOT buy router bits at home depot. Seach my posts for why. They are a death trap...greased undersized shanks for one.

I don't think you can say don't buy any bits from Home Depot. They sell various brands. You must be referring to the single ones in the cabinet. I bought a 24-piece set (made by Hickory/Olsen I think) 1/2" shanks and they are great, it was $99 but if you buy like 3 bits separately before you know it you spend $100, and I'm glad I have variety at hand so I don't have to run to the store every day.

Although if you really don't think you'll be routing anything but guitar bodies, then you might be better off getting individual bits.

Good luck.