DSL modification

Biblical

this questions really for anybody good with electronics or amps.

on my dsl there are two channels operated by foot switch as you probably know, they can also be changed from clean to crunch and from distortion to lead sound via a switch on each channel on the amp.

i was wondering if there is any way to make a pedal for the amp where i can change the settings without having to run up to the switch mid gig.

Oli

usually there is a stereo jack that when you ground one side of it it makes it clean the other side makes it lead and open is usually dist.

basically the u need a stereo plug and put it in there and have someone play your guitar. and touch two of the wires togehter.

if it changes states then write down what it changed too.

if it does nothing then try that wire and the other wire then you will know what wires have to touch to make it do so.

if you need help after that i can also do that for you.

my peavey rockamster had a tripple channel preamp and it was on ultra distortion all the time unless you plugged in a stereo cord

i made my own via two dpdt switches. and put in a 9v batt too so i could have indicator lights too.

mine went clean with nothing touching. and when you connected the ground and the sleeve it made it go to dist, and only if it was in dist first would it go to lead, so it was cool i had a clean crunch switch and i could go from say the heavy metallica master of puppets and flip it to clean and do the clean part with my buddy and then while i was clean filp it to lead and so it will jump into lead automaticaly when i get done with clean.

pretty easy to do. and if you need switches or someone to wire it up for you let me know i live for stuff like this.

after reading the musicians friend description of the amp, having two foot switch jacks. i would say it woudl be a pretty easy job to put in four switches and run a midi cable down to it, with two stereo jack ends.

not that hard, i coudl have it wired in no time flat if you can find out which ends switch the signals. like i stated above. probally a 30minute build

hmm well according to musicians friend it has two channel jacks in the write up..