VSTs for cubase sx 2.0

weezerboy

The KING of all VST sites is KVR. There's a highly active forum if you should choose to discuss them, as well. From the main page, look at the menu selections on the left. One of them will be "Instruments, Effects, etc." or something like that. Click on that, which will bring up a page that looks like an "advanced search" type page. Select the appropriate criteria, and you're off to the races. Alternatively, join the forum and do a 'search' for the type of VST you're after and you're likely to turn up a few threads.

Before you know it, you will be swimming in more VST than you know what to do with, and you will neglect your guitar for a while. But have no fear, you will return. Oh yes, you will return. :D

Heh! Well, it depends on the VST.

Most of them will download as a .zip with documentation and a .dll file. (ex. drumatic.dll) Some come with an installer, in which case you're set-- but don't forget that you need to re-scan plugins (or just restart the program) before Cubase will notice them. If there's no installer, move the .dll file into your VST folder. (usually called "vst plugins" though not always found in your Cubase folder).

I don't use Cubase SX, so you'll have to check your documentation. But if you look at your mixer channel, there should be a button for "FX" "Insert" and "Send", depending on how you want to use the VST. If it's an instrument you're using, you'll have to assign it using the set of controls to the left (or find it in a drop-down menu). There's also a drop-down menu that lets you open your VST plugins window, from whence you can add new VST.

Or, you can save all your menu hell by buying Tracktion instead. ;-) JK, but not totally kidding. :D

Greg

they all rule, that is one killer link, so many useful things on there

but i still haven't found the drum sound i've been searching for for years

its like really high static, electric drums... like the beginning of ava adore by smashing pumpkins

synthy, distortion , static thingies

any ideas mr genius? :D

I don't know the song...

But you can always take a standard drum sound and process it... try a bit of distortion, a high-pass EQ, or any number of different filters. :D

If I hear the song, I'll let you know.

Greg.