How will this sound

I plan to buy materials to create a carved top solid body les paul styled guitar, but i need advice on what different wood combos would create.

neck

Neck----------fingerboard

1)Mahogany---ebony/rosewood

2)koa---------ebony/rosewood

3)walnut------ebony/rosewood

body

-------Back----------Top

1)Koa--------------Quilt Maple

2)Walnut-----------Quilt Maple

3)Mahogany--------Flame koa

4)swamp ash-------flame koa

5)alder-------------flame koa

6)koa--------------flame koa

7)koa--------------zebra wood

What i need to know is, what are the major sound differences in the wood, as well as weight differences. I don't know much about the different tones created from different wood combos, but i'd like to learn.

if you could please explain the different wood combos for both the neck and body, and maybe match a few neck/body combos that would complememnt eachother, I'd greatly appreciate it.

4 combo im thinking of:

(i play every genre of music, so versatility is a must...im looking for a well rounded...sorta warm, yet bright and dark.... tone, with good fast attack and tons of sweet sustain)

Korina/Limba body with a hard maple neck and an ebony fingerboard

mahogony body, topped with cocobolo [rosewood relative], connected with a walnut neck topped with an ebony fingerboard

swamp ash body, with koa top, a walnut neck and an ebony fingerboard

mahogany body, brazillian walnut or red oak top, koa neck and a rosewood fingerboard.

what are your thoughts?

Sweet baby Jingles... that's an involved question... you're likely going to get more luck more quickly with some selective Google searches than waiting for an exhaustive response from somebody here, who'll be speaking from a mixture of personal bias and personal experience.

I don't know anything about koa, so I can't really answer any of that.

Greg.

i think if same wood.. but not same sounds.

wood choice is important .

if enable you knock this wood all.. good sound wood is good for guitar.

forget wood kind.

and wood choice's new issue is that "is it easy for wood woking?"

dense or curly wood is not easy.

good luck..

yeah bob7, mimf.com.. it's stands for musical instrument makers forum. a forum that i found first before this forum. pretty good also if you are a newbie. just try check it out!

(i'm not promoting their site for any string attached ok? just helping...)

I have no practical experience with any of those woods... but in a way, it seems like a variation on a classic (ie. good) combo. Korina is a bit porous and resonates well, and walnut is fairly hard, to provide a bit of bite; ditto for the ebony fretboard. Sounds a bit like maple over walnut with an ebony fingerboard... how can you go wrong?

Many people prefer korina over mahogany, ebony is a classic fingerboard, and apparently walnut is nice to work, and looks nice besides, if you care to do a natural finish.

Sounds like a winner!