Prices!!

Universal Jems is selling 4 Piece Flamed Maple veener (enough to do two guitars) for $25 / £14, Does anyone know anywhere in the uk that does great prices like this? i would order it from UJ but im worried about tax/duties and the cost of shiping.

so does anyone know anywhere in the uk where i can get enough flamed maple for 2 guitars for £14? i doubt it :D

Hi Lee, If you find out, please let me know as well!

I'm almost in the same position as you, in the UK and about to start my 1st project.

The best place i have found in the uk for body blanks etc is a place my uncle (who's a hobbyist woodworker) reccomended me to, in millers dale in the 'wilds' of derbyshire.

They have an online shop, the cheapest 2" blank they have is about £23gbp. There are also finishing supplys there.

http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/

I'm going to go with an automotive solid colour for the first one, to save my sanity, any notes you make about staining / finishing your first guitar will sure come in handy for me!

Via the Warmoth site, there's a link to a site with details on the whole duty and shipping malarky. It doesnt quite clarify it enough as apparently the duty charge can vary but if i remember correctly, you avoid alot of the hassle and extra cost if the goods you ship into the country dont exceed £30 in value (but of course that has to include the shipping costs in the £30 as well).