Some questions about Fender tremelo posts

Other than the method of screwing a bolt into them and pulling them out (making sure to protect the body if you care about it), I've had good luck with tapping them out from the back... If you look inside the trem spring cavity you should be able to see two small holes where the holes for the studs come through slightly... If not, take a small drill bit and from the front, drill at an angle through the center of the studs into the trem cavity. You'll be drilling toward the centerline of the guitar, not toward where the actual trem would sit.

The point is to get it so you can insert a small dowel or even brass rod into the hole from the back and catch the edge of the stud so you can gently tap it out. And I wouldn't worry if you goof up the bottom if the stud slightly, as long as you don't mess up the threads it's fine. I'm not saying it's the right way, but it's the best way I've found, as it doesn't hurt the body and nobody will ever see it. Unlike if you try to pry them out and take a huge chunk out of the finish.

I hope that made sense, and good luck.

You shuldnt have bought that squire, they are cheap man, they never play well.

Actually, I bought the Squires just to use the neck and some of the parts.

I bought 2 of them. An Affinity, which is made in China with what I would suspect is plywood. Piece of junk IMO. Then I found a Squier Standard online for cheap and bought that for parts as well. I was shocked at the quality of it! It was made in Indonesia and the tremelo was a modern 2 post type - pretty decent. The paint on the body is metal flake gold, actually pretty nice finish. I should have no trouble selling it on eBay. The neck is even nicer than the Affinity and it's going on my swamp ash custom "Frankenguitar" body. Also, the pickups are Alnico-5. Not too bad. The Affinity ones seemed like toy pu's compared. The Standard came with a nice 2 ply pickguard as well. Overall, I would recommend the Squire Standard for anyone looking for a beginner guitar. (And I would not recommend the Affinity to anyone.)

:D Coolcat

Aside from the Affinity Squires, they're pretty much just cheap Fenders without the extra $500 that gets tacked on for writing "Fender" on the headstock, I've found. I had a nice satin black one that was pretty cool with a solid wood body and black hardware... But I guess it's up to opinion. Like Gibson vs. Epiphone, or whether red paint makes a guitar have better action than a black one... :D

Sounds like some cool projects at any rate.