hollow guitar body to bass

i have this hollow body guitar body with no neck, and seeing as i dont have a bass i though it would be nice to convert it to one.

however i am unsure about is the position of the bridge. and how it will affect the body. seeing as its hollow will the extra strain from the bass strings damage it?

will i even need to move the bridge? or can i just put in new one where the old one was. im guessing it needs to be moved due to the diffrent scale.

Yes the bridge will have to be moved due to a different scale length.So long as the body is supported in the area of any string contact you shouldn't have too many problems with stability.

When you have the neck in place measure from the fretboard side of the nut to the center of the twelfth fret,then use that dimension from the center of the twelfth fret to the body.Make sure that you are measuring straight down the center in both directions,(a triple check never hurts :D ),at the end of the measurement draw a stright line going across the scale line.Again keep it straight.this will be the center line for setting yoour posts or for lineing up the saddles.

I haven't checked to see if there is a tutorial yet,(ooops.),but I'm sure there is a good one there.

Do you have any pics to post as you go?It'll be cool to see the project develop.

Hope this helps.