16, My 1st Guitar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Well Im Back Again But Now Im 17 and The Guitar That Broke is Gonna Be Brought Back to Life, Ive Glued it Back Together and Looks Sweet, Ill Show Plenty of Pictures Later as i progress. Bacicly My Dad "Let it Fall" But its ok now ill Continue Working on it at the weekend cause got me Exams to do. :D

Later Folks

Glad to Be back Guitar Making

SantaClaws o<[];-)

Hmm, im not sure cutting out the cavities from the back like that was such a good idea, because the pickups arent really "touching the wood" and wouldn't sustain/resonate very well.

I suppose it will have the same sort of thin jangly sort of strat sound... your guitar body is pretty much a front to back strat now that i think about it.

Also are you using a tremolo bridge as a hardtail?!

Edited by kiko

Hmm, im not sure cutting out the cavities from the back like that was such a good idea, because the pickups arent really "touching the wood" and wouldn't sustain/resonate very well.

I suppose it will have the same sort of thin jangly sort of strat sound... your guitar body is pretty much a front to back strat now that i think about it.

Also are you using a tremolo bridge as a hardtail?!

it sounds great becuase its very hollow compared to most guitars, so its very loud sound from it, im using a tremelo bridge on it yeah, im using it as a hartdtail, is that a problum?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I shouldn't speak too loudly, since i've never done alot of work on a guitar, but here's what i've seen(on projectguitar.com tutorial i think)as far as cover plates.

plastic trash cans cut up to shape. Rout a small ledge(thickness of cover) to put screws into. Usually cans have a shiny sideAND a dull side, and lots of colors to chose. By the way, whatever happened to your destruction pix? :D

Edited by Mouse

• 3 months later...
Well, I shouldn't speak too loudly, since i've never done alot of work on a guitar, but here's what i've seen(on projectguitar.com tutorial i think)as far as cover plates.

plastic trash cans cut up to shape. Rout a small ledge(thickness of cover) to put screws into. Usually cans have a shiny sideAND a dull side, and lots of colors to chose. By the way, whatever happened to your destruction pix? :D

well keith gaz here ur guitar looks shite their but its class now (cause i sanded it).

well keith gaz here ur guitar looks shite their but its class now (cause i sanded it).

Yeah ill Post Pictures of If Done Soon, Ill Use Me Dads Digital Camera Tomorow.

Later Gaz.....

The Smashed Guitar Has Returned.......:D

Edited by Keith Sherwood