carvin moonflower

k, a really long time ago (back before i knew anything about guitars, even...) carvin came out with a short run (i think only 8) of guitars called the AE185 Moonflower. i've searched everywhere for it, but i haven't been able to find it anywhere. i was wondering if someone had some pics or info on this beauty, as i'm going to be doing a project a lot like it soon (as my memory recalls it, at least).

That looks like the "right" model, but......

I've seen the "Catfish" one, and it had some MAJOR inlay work done.

As a matter of fact, almost the whole body was covered in various woods (and possibly other materials) to create the stunning inlay of a fish swimming under the lily pads in a pond.

Something Clavin could do, maybe...?

:D

This is the Breeze series of the AE185.

00_orchid.jpg

It was the major inspiration for me to build Woody Woodpicker. They were inlayed by T. Breeze Verdant for Carvin. I suppose that it's not impossible that Carvin might do such a thing again but those things were not cheap. Good thing too or I would have never tried to build a guitar in the first place if I had the do re me to buy one.

you are the man! the verdant page turned up his works, and i found the moonflower on there. awesome! thank you good sir.