Where does Stew Mac get its fretsaw blade?

I've been looking for a .024 backsaw for a long time. Not having any luck. The closest thing I can find are StewMac's .025 gauged saw blades. The fretting saws from Stewmac are only $25 for the adjustable model. I think the miter box is about $80. Somebody let me know if you find another .025 blade. What are the recommended slot sizes for other companies' fretwire. It might be possible to find a backsaw that works if someone else's tang size is a more common backsaw kerf size. I guess I need to do a bit of research.

In all honesty the price they charge for their table saw blade is not out of line. It is a very well made blade and lasts a very long time. It is indispensible if you want to cut your own fret slots, if you think it's to expensive then just order your boards pre slotted.

However, the pre-slotted boards are apporximately $11 more than unslotted and unradiused, so realistically, you only have to buy 7 fretboards to pay for the table saw blade.

Why I say it's reasonably priced is this, I have never seen a table saw blade that thin. I believe it is built specifically for that purpose, probably built for Stew Mac. If you were to go and get a custom ground blade (which you can do) you would pay easily double the cost of that blade. I have table saw blades with carbide tips that I paid well over $200 for. The cost of good tools is high, but the cost of cheap tools is generally higher in the long run.

LMI sells the same thing pretty much.... So I am assuming that someone makes it for them.

Also The cut size is the same as Dunlop frets so all the other companies have to have something like this...

Yea I am done with cheap tools, I am thinking that other manufactures have bought this or something close to it.

just wondern

Saw blades have "set" in the teeth, meaning the teeth are alternately bent to the right and left. This makes the kerf wider than the blade to keep the blade from binding in the cut. Using a saw set tool, you can change the amount of set to any kerf width within reason. For instance, get SM's .020 gauged saw and add .002" set to each side. Alternatively you could get the .025 saw and make a light pass down each side of the teeth with a fine stone.