Pedal

I need to get a pedal, my friend has a digitech, i dont like it too much, i told him i was lookin at the zoom 606 multi-effect pedal, it looks like it has a lot of different cool effects, but he says his brohter ahs a friend who has it and he said it punks out too much (whatever that means) so now i looked at vox, and im jsut not too sure ill be too happy with that, so than i said ok, ill get a zoom, but of course musicians friend really bashes zoom by comparing statistics with it to digitech, as you can see i'm about to puill mny hair out, can someone tell me what the perfect pedal wiht in around $100, please! :D

What level are you at with your guitar?

Ive been getting by on a Zoom 606 i got cheap years ago.... I think its a pretty good peice of gear if you can get it at the right price. My only real whinge about it is its lack of control over the equalizer (you really only have preset options 1-50...), and it seems no matter which one you choose you always have a lot of high end bite.. which isnt always suitable.

Still, with some time and some presets off the net, you can get some awesome sounds out of it and should serve you well. Mine has gone through a lot, and despite its plastic casing has stood up to the task remarkably.

edit - i should add though, now that i have some money, after a lot of thinking and testing im upgrading to a Boss GT6... its been a long time coming!

I have a zoom 707 and its been working great for me... Ive had it for about4 years now (or so..) and ive gotten some great sounds out of it... not top quality, but darn good for what its worth. The 707 offers alot of control over whatever you are doing, and its very easy to mess around with once you learn it all.

Im definitely upgrading soon though... I was thinking maybe a digitech gnx2 or maybe a v-amp2/pro.... there are so many out there i really need to look around and test them all out.

I will go to musicians friend and check what they have and then go to the manufacturer web site to get indepth details. For $100 there ain't much, I had a Tone Works AX-1g and it was OK, but now I got a DigiTech GNX1 and it rocks, got every thing I need and it emulates the tubes amps pretty close... But it runs for $249. My advise is, save more money and get a better one, you won't regret it.