Humbucker mod diagram

Andreas

http://www.guest.animebliss.net/BIOU/Final...ar%20wiring.GIF

That is my final plan so far...you the masterminds check it out please and for all others that might find it usefull ..well enjoy! :D

There is a small change...I desided I wanted the booster to be after the pickup selection so as to boost anycombination of pickups I choose and not just the bridge pickup since it could create some volume issues..(the bridge pickup would prevail at any combination).

also another simple but crucial question... All the grounding wires (the marked ones on the diagram) would have to be joined together and lead straight to the jack or it should be done otherwise?

The switch wiring looks wrong to me - I think it's simpler than that, but let me stew on it a while. And the only ground that needs to go to the ring lug is the circuit board ground lead.

All the grounding wires (the marked ones on the diagram) would have to be joined together and lead straight to the jack or it should be done otherwise?

You can hook up all the other ground leads there, or use a star point somewhere else - the back of a volume pot is traditional. So long as all the grounds connect at one point, you shouldn't have a problem with ground loops. Run a separate wire from each ground to your star ground point.

<edit> Boy did i screw that up! :D The only ground that needs to go to the ring lug is the negative battery lead! And here's a diagram for a preamp bypass switch that's a lot more straight-forward.

DPDT_detail.jpg

Sorry if I caused any confusion, I think I need some coffee!

I just finished the wiring diagram for my guitar.

It will have 2 humbuckers (bridge neck) and 2 piezo elements.

Two 5 way rotary that will sellect for each humbucker how it is going to be conected (Series in phase, Single coil (North), Single Coil (south), Series out of phase and parallel in phase).

Separate volume and tone control for each pickup in concentric pots.

A 3 way pickup switch that will select between bridge or neck humbucker or both together.

A 3 way pickup switch that will select between piezo / piezo+humbuckers / humbuckers.

The piezo will have a Fezter Valve preamp that emulates the sound of fender valve amps which will be of controlable gain.

And before exiting throught the jack it will have a switch that will activate a sustainer circuit of controlable "sustainability" via a trim pot.

And finaly another switch that will acivate a stratoblaster booster to enchance the signal and overdrive better or increase volume.

(Note: Both sustainer and booster can be on at same time.)

A trully monstrous creation :D