Multi effects pedals

JamesRaven23

Hello,

I had posted a message earlier asking for recommendations on distortion pedals. Well, I went with the DOD Grunge FX69B, it may not be the best pedal around, but it gets the job done and it has a good sound. Now I'm looking for a multi effects pedal to take care of the other effects that I'll need. The local pawn shop is selling a Zoom 505 for $30, an RP50 for $40 and an RP100 for $52. Money is kinda tight right now so I dont want to spend more than I have to. I was wondering if there's really a huge difference between these pedals and if it's worth going with the more expensive RP100 over the RP50 or Zoom 505. The harmony central site wasnt much help because they dont really compare the pedals with one another, they mainly just evaluate the individual pedal, so I'd really appreciate everyone's.

Thanks,

James

i use an RP100. lots of cool (as well as cheesy) sounds in it. all i can really complain about it is the occasional noise. i don't like its noise gate too much.

but had i the choice back then, i would have picked the RP50 over it, since all i use are reverb, delay, chorus, noise gate and a few amp simulations. but that's just me. your mileage may vary.

as for the zoom 505... it seems like a quieter unit, probably because of the ZNR. and a friend of mine is really content with it. i also used it a bit, and seemed good for its price.

not much help, am i? :D

well, the bottom line from my point of view is that, assuming all three units are in good qorking condition, it'll be hard to go wrong with any of them.