P-bass pickup

i'm hot-rodding my brother's precision style bass. I've had no experience with bass pickups so I don't know which kind is best. I've considered Seymour Duncan, EMG, bartolini, and Razor but I don't know which one to get. i'm inclined to get and emg pickup because that's the kind that I prefer for guitar. He likes to play heavy stuff (and he's pretty good at faking) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I need input about EQ and booster controls too.

I have three basses with EMG pickups, and love 'em!! They're clear, bright and in your face without any loss of bass response, maybe a little edgy for jam band stuff or trad jazz, but great for classic rock or anything heavier. With a 3-band EQ, you can get almost any sound you like, even from a Precision (the original one-trick pony). With a pair of soapbars and a good EQ, woooohooo!! :D

Barts are great, too, as are Lane Poors (but they're impossible to find), but for crunchy goodness and daisycutter thump, it's gonna be hard to beat EMGs. Never played SD or Razors, so I can't comment on them.