Body blank size

I have found a few mahogany body blanks I can pick up that measure 20"X12"X1.5". Is this enough wood to build a bolt on body? I'm not sure exactly what body shape I would be interested in, I was more interested in stocking up on wood. I figured I could always cap them to get them up to 1.75" thick. Im more worried about the 12" width. I suppose I could have a go at a neckthrough. What does everyone think?

12 inches is too small, but you could always laminate a center board in the middle of sime pretty wood to increase the width and add a pretty "racing stripe" sort of effect, or you could get the same effect with neck through, but its harder. so its your decision, i personally would go with a laminate but that is because ive never tried with neckthrough and im afraid of all the things that could go wrong AND you wouldnt be able to finish the body until the neck is done

Thats do-able but will result in a slightly smaller bodied guitar. I measured a few of my guitars and found them all around 13" across at the lower bouts. My last mahogany neckthrough is a little over 12" across. But you have to consider how much wood the levelling and sanding might take away. You'd best cut the shape out on a good bandsaw to ensure a vertical side profile.

he nvm i was thinking about lenght, but 12 inches would be a squeeze, but make sure (if your making a strat) to make the side opposite from the pickguard smaller instead of everything uniformaly smaller since you dont want your pickguard going over the wood,

another thing you could do is laminate 1/2 in pieces of some pretty or contrasting wood on the edges, and give your guitar a nic feel to it