TBX???

themikestro

I've found a site that sells the proper Fender TBX setups for a not unreasonable amount of cash, my question is: Is it any good or a total waste of time. Simple as that!

Anyone care to shed some light on it?

Ta

Never used one. BUT, I got a kit from Torres amps in the UK for a mid boost/cut circuit that is really good.

Actually, it cuts the highs and lows (passive circuits can't boost anything). Here's the schematic, with a mod suggestion, and here's a FDP thread on it, both courtesy of Steve Ahola at Blue Guitar. The Torres/Ahola dual mid control looks easier to build, uses cheap, readily-available parts and works pretty well, IMHO. Short of active tone controls, I prefer it, but both work to differing degrees. FWIW, you can buy all the necessary parts to make 10 of the dual mids ("original" Torres circuit - straight "boost/cut" without the switch, approximately equivalent to the TBX) from Mouser for under $30.00US less shipping. :D

Gimme a shout if you want the parts list.